Monday, May 3, 2010

And the winner is...

Steve and I got the results back from the ALPS test. Steve has it. I do not.

I asked if we should test Steve's Mom. They said, "Well, it may or may not prove anything. If she has it, that would be definitive. If she does not, we wouldn't know if Glen had it or if it was spontaneous with Steve. In a third of the cases, the gene is spontaneous." They had never explained that before, but I guess because both Lori and Kim have it, the chances of being spontaneous with them both were pretty slim.

I said, "I just can't see it being passed down through Steve's siblings as there have been no symptoms anywhere - siblings, nieces/nephews/great nieces/nephews." They said, "Yes, that is why there is a good possibility it is original with Steve." So there you have it. Steve is an original. Now, that isn't news to anyone. :-)

Greg just got his results back (May 5th). He has it too.

No comments: