Sunday, January 27, 2013

Every Day is a Gift

In the spirit of 'Everyday is a gift", I feel the need to reflect upon a favorite moment of the week. I am teaching CTR-4s. I pull their names from a can when I need a volunteer. I like the way it works, but I never know if the child really wanted to volunteer (though I've never had one turn me down.) The class is new to me, so I don't know what to expect when I call on them to pray.

Last week, Brock gave the closing prayer. He started out in a manner typical of four year olds, but then he became much more specific, using language not typical for a four year old. "Thank you for the gospel." "Thank you for our teacher." "Thank you for my family who loves me". The prayer showed no signs of coming to an end. I opened my eyes to see how the class was dealing with it. They were all folding their arms, with their eyes tightly closed. Being as I had no witness, I kept my eyes opened as I was totally taken it by the beauty and sincerity of such a special little boy. He continued, "Thanks for the temple." "Thanks for the tabernacle."

I found myself examining my own prayers. When is the last time I gave thanks for the tabernacle? Have I ever given thanks for the tabernacle?

I was filled with such love for one little boy. I don't think callings get better than CTR-4.

No comments: