While Greg, Kram, Brandon, and Trisha ran in Ragnar, Steve, Lori and I took care of the four kids. Here is a conversation I overheard between the boys.
Drew: Let’s play kingdom. [They begin to drag out all the blankets and afghans that they can find. They particularly love the green and white afghans as they serve so many purposes. The white one is Drew’s favorite, but Zach prefers the green one.]
Zach: The green ones are better.
Drew: The white one is magical.
Zach: The green one is magical-er. It can make you disappear.
Drew: The white one can make you melt into the ground!
Zach: The green ones make you totally disappear. The white ones don’t. People still know you are in there.
Drew: Look at me. [Covered with the white one.]
Zach: I still know you’re under there. With the green ones, you disappear. With the white ones, you don’t.
Drew: I’ve melted into the ground.
Zach: No, no, no, no. I’m trying to tell you something. The green one is magical-est. Want to see me disappear? [He puts the green afghan over himself.]
Drew: We need to get the rocking chair. I need to sit.
Drew: [After placing the child’s rocking chair in the TV room and arranging the white afghan over him] SILENCE!!! You have to bow to me.
Zach: Get down. It’s going to be done in five minutes.
Drew: Pretend someone took the baby. [Sitting in the chair.] I’m covered in my long dress [the afghan]. Can you grab a pillow for me?
Zach: [singing] It is going to be hot tomorrow.
Zach: Hey, Let’s go see if Brooke is awake. [They are covered in blankets, walking around like creatures from the black lagoon, peeking through the weave of the afghan.]
Drew: SILENCE
Zach: All right. SILENCE to you.
Drew: No, I say silence.
Zach: I say silence.
Drew: Okay. We both say silence. To other people. The Queen is angry at you.
No comments:
Post a Comment