This has been a week of new experiences. Last night the Utah members of our family went to see Wynton Marsalis at Kingsberry Hall. We agreed to go because everyone else was going, and Brandon was so excited about it. When I heard one of Wynton Marsalis' albums where he sounded like an elephant, I was less that excited. HOWEVER, I really quite enjoyed the performance.
On Saturday, we went to a youth (ages 9-19) Shakespeare performance of MacBeth. Our friends, the Cutlers, had two of their kids in it and they had been very involved in making costumes. I was curious, "What kinds of kids want to do Shakespeare? What kind of adults think that is a good idea?" I don't even like Shakespeare, but I found the whole idea of kids memorizing such complicated lines fascinating. I really enjoyed seeing the kids get into their parts. It was fun!

1 comment:
Wynton was great, but when Brandon and I got into the car, he wanted to put on more music. I had to stop him. My head hurt from listening to all the "elephants". I really, really loved the bass clarinet and the Greek dinner before. Thanks for coming with us.
Post a Comment