Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crying in WalMart

With cell phones, you can be absolutely anywhere when you get that phone call. Yesterday, I got one of those calls while I was in WalMart. The tears sprang to my eyes and coursed down my cheeks while I stood, glued in one spot in the produce department. Now, when I'm talking on the phone, I'm oblivious to everything around me. [When I had young kids, they took advantage of that fact. I'd often find them dancing on the table when I hung up the phone.] I decided I couldn't possibly decide whether to pay $2.78 for spinach while I was talking on the phone, and motioned for Steve to push the cart along. After my phone call ended, Steve pointed out the others who had seen my distress and been concerned. In WalMart of all places. Who would have guessed? I must say that I live in a pretty incredible place - with caring, supportive people - even in WalMart.

No comments: