Art Linkletter used to have a television series with a segment entitled, "Kids say the darndest things" - but I'm thinking kids can't compare with adults.
At our marriage soiree, I talked to two of our ward members. One is a good friend and neighbor (and wife of our stake president). When I told her Chelle's news of monoamniotic twins, the concerned etched her face and then she finally said, "You just had it too easy when they were teenagers. We would look at your family during those years when everything was going perfectly and wonder, 'What are we doing wrong?'" I thought that was so interesting. Who knew she was secretly in awe of how well things appeared to be going. She has been so supportive over the years. When she learned of Kim's divorce, tears sprang to her eyes. When I told her about ALPS, she had to know exactly who had it and who didn't. She has been a good friend, truly one who mourns with those that mourn.
The other interesting comment was from an older sister in the ward. She said, "What is Greg doing?" I told her, but she clearly wanted to get to her message which was, "I have a 24 year old granddaughter who is single. Maybe we could set them up?" I thought that was so funny. She really doesn't even know Greg, but hey, he's single and she's single. Got to be a match made in heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment