I love these thoughts...
Todd Christofferson writes, "In the 1950s my mother survived radical cancer surgery, but difficult as that was, the surgery was followed with dozens of painful radiation treatments in what would now be considered rather primitive medical conditions. She recalls that her mother taught her something during that time that has helped her ever since: “I was so sick and weak, and I said to her one day, ‘Oh, Mother, I can’t stand having 16 more of those treatments.’ She said, ‘Can you go today?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘Well, honey, that’s all you have to do today.’ It has helped me many times when I remember to take one day or one thing at a time.”
Joseph McConkie states: As we venture out, we would like a ready source to tell us how to handle every difficult situation. But that is not the Lord’s system. It is not the design of heaven that we be rescued from all difficult situations. Rather, it is the Lord’s will that we learn to handle them. The sense of being overwhelmed is very much a part of the journey. The power with which God clothes us in His holy temples does not imply that our journey will be an easy one.
1 comment:
I loved this post. It is true, we can do hard things if we focus on just one hard thing at a time, and leave the rest in the Lord's hands.
Post a Comment