We had a stake "Marriage Soiree". It has typically been a sit down dinner, a speaker, and then dancing. This year the dinner was replaced with "finger food". The attendance was HORRIBLE. I'll bet there weren't many more than a hundred there. From our ward, I could count six couples - and only two couples that weren't involved as stake leaders or on the committee. It was too bad, because the "finger food" was substantial enough to be a dinner - if you went through the line a few times. Chocolate covered strawberries, vegetables and dip, three bean salad, asparagus, mushrooms, fresh fruit, tiny pulled pork sandwiches. It was great!
My favorite part of the evening was a story teller (Suzanne Hudson) who portrayed Eliza R Snow, poetess and charismatic leader of women. She was the tenth wife of Joseph Smith (the love of her heart) and the eighth wife of Brigham Young. After Joseph Smith was martyred, she asked Brigham Young, "Who will be my champion?" He responded, "Eliza R Snow." While that isn't what she hoped to hear, I love the message. If you aren't your own champion, who will be?
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! I liked the story of Eliza R. Snow. Something to remember.
Post a Comment