Thursday, October 22, 2009

You have got to be kidding...

I have flies in my office. LOTS of flies. I kill a half dozen a day. I must make work look fun, because I have flies on the outside crashing into the window. It must look fun in here.

So, I have the secretaries call physical plant. I tell them I want a fly catcher. I was thinking of something like a roach trap. No, three people came to my office and brought be this brown sticky thing to hang in my window. Can you say, U G L Y??? I have (had) a beautiful view, but now it has this ugly fly catcher in it. It was ugly when they first brought it, but it is worse now as it has dead flies stuck to it. Since they left it a week ago, the three of them have been back to check on it.

When the flies get stuck, they make the most horrible sound for hours before they decide to conserve their energy and die slowly. Sometimes they squirm for over a day.

I'm keeping score. Everyday I kill more than does the fly trap, and I only work 8 hours a day, not 24. And my flies die immediately, without a prolonged, pathetic death chant.

Come on, there has GOT to be something better than this.

2 comments:

kjha said...

When I first saw the picture I thought it was Moroni! Now that should give you something to smile about while the flies totally annoy you! :)

trish said...

I have to admit I was laughing out loud imagining you sitting in your office listening to dying flies and having a competition with the fly catcher.