Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rainbow Closet


Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

In visiting my daughters a month ago, I noticed they had their closets organized by colors. After looking for ten minutes for a black shell I knew I had, I decided to try it. I usurped one of my daughter's closets for my dresses - as my closet just wasn't big enough to incorporate the new arrangement and I only wear them on Sunday anyway so they hardly need prime space. In the process of reorganizing, I learned a few things.

a. I am boring. Over half of my wardrobe is black or beige.

b. Very few things are multiple colors - (which is a good thing, I guess - as it made sorting them easier)

c. I have tons of duplication. I didn't take a picture of the pant rack - but I must have ten pairs of black pants. I tossed out a large bag of clothes I would never wear again, as I had a better version of the same thing.

I think I need to go shopping! I have nothing in orange.

4 comments:

The Sullengers said...

I have mine organized by color and I love it - I could tell you everything I own probably because of it or if anything is missing! I try to keep Kash's side that way too, but he hasn't seen the light yet so I have to go fix it every once in a while :)

Lori Hurst said...

You look good in black and beige! Black just might be my favorite 'color'!

Lori A said...

I'm so glad you did your closet that way! It definitely makes things easier to find. Plus you can shop for new colors now. :)

I have a lot of black, too. I love that color.

Cherri said...

Yes, orange is on my "need to buy things in" category. I teach dual enrollment for ISU, and I have one t-shirt (hand me down from Ashley) that I wear on the day they come to register. Just not my color I guess. White tops and black tops and pants compete for top honors in my closet, with navy close behind.