Monday, September 7, 2009

Virtual Cookoff

I've been updating the family recipe book as my niece is getting married. We've been doing this for years. We're on to our second volume! All her Aunts, sisters, and in-laws (to be) have sent me their recipes. I feel like I am conducting a virtual cookoff. I'll bet they've sent me five different recipes for caramel corn, a few for snickerdoodles, and several for maple syrup. It is entertaining. I see a recipe from the mother (given for an earlier edition of the book) followed by new versions from her married daughters. The differences are minimal, but maybe the daughters have found the small changes enough to be the "best ever", "exceptional", or "killer".

Two of her aunts submitted the exact same recipe. Who should be given credit? (I made the diplomatic choice.)

I'm just the cookbook editor. You folks will have to have your own cookoff! I'm including all of the recipesl. The new version of the recipe book will be posted soon to my home page. Look for it there.

No comments: