Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Asking the wrong question?

In talking about a personal decision, a member of our ward said, "As I prayed to receive an answer, the spirit whispered to me, 'You are asking the wrong question. You really need to be praying for vitality' - the ability to deal with the challenges you have been given.

Another friend, in talking about her elderly father said, "I don't really even know what to pray for. He's had a good life. Do I pray that he will have five more years?"

When I was a child, I remember praying for a magic wand. I figured that if I got my magic wand, I would never have to ask God for anything again. I could just get it for myself.

As hard as it is to get answers to prayers - at least the answers we want, I am grateful I don't have my magic wand. I'm afraid I would be found asking the wrong question far too often...

No comments: