Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The $1000 inch...

When we remodeled the master bath, we thought about taking out the corner closet and extending the shower twelve inches. The bill for that alone would have been $12000. We decided we really didn't need a bigger shower at $1000 an inch. Since that time, I've looked at a lot of things at that price tag.

When I DI-ed the vanity in the study, that gave me twelve more inches at no cost. When I tossed the filing cabinet in my office at work, I got almost twenty inches of usable space, and it was free. I have loved my "bigger" office. I've now started to work on getting rid of the inches around my middle. For them, I think I'll gladly pay the thousand dollars an inch. Wish it were that easy. I've lost a half inch and two pounds in two weeks, but the first pounds are always the easiest.

1 comment:

Cherri said...

AT the Hart reunion, they gave us out a questionnaire and one of the questions was, "if you had a $1000 to spend just on you, what would you use it for?" Another inch of shower space just did not occur to me!