Friday, July 9, 2010

A River Runs Through it

This is me fly fishing. We had federal evaluators for our grant here the last two days. One of our RET teachers volunteered to take us fly fishing. He says he gets so excited to get out fishing, his hands start to tremble when he's tying the fly. I SO NEED something I get that excited about.

You can see my "cast" went out at least three feet. My casts weren't all that pathetic, but I'm seriously not seeing why people spend hours fly fishing. You can see I'm standing in the stream. I caught less weeds and trees from that vantage point. The evening was not a total loss; I did reel in something - a cigarette butt.

2 comments:

trish said...

I am surprised and impressed! I would have never in a million years guessed you would fly fish. Way to go!

Lori Hurst said...

Congrats on the cigarette butt!! I have been thinking about your blog for at least 24 hours - I ALSO need to find something to get that excited about - athough photography / photoshop come close - should probably be expanding my horizons ...