We have been having some concerns in Relief Society about people feeling judged. They hear a lesson on temple marriage and are hurt because their temple marriage was abusive and now they are married to a non-member, whom they adore. They are made to feel they don't measure up because of the very person who saved them.
In talking about the situation, our Relief Society president shared her story. She said, "I was raised in a part-member, less active family. When I came to church, I came by myself, but I didn't care. I found a family to 'adopt' me. There were families who wouldn't let their kids play with me because my dad wasn't a member. I didn't care. I thought, 'Gee, you are missing out. Your kids would be better off playing with me. I'm a good person. I've seen what your kids do at school, and they would be better off playing with me."
Is her reaction just amazing? How do we bottle that and give everyone a daily dose?
1 comment:
Send a bottle our way if you figure out how. We can use all the kindness and love to handle the stresses we experience. Kash's family has shown so much love and respect for each other in this time of trial for them, they are amazing. They lost a neice and granddaughter to the results of a near drowning, and the grace and poise they have displayed is wonderful to see.
Post a Comment