Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Future is Not a Tote Bag

Now that I drive to and from work by myself, I've taken to listening to audiobooks I get from the library.

My latest is Lots of Candles Plenty of Cake

There are several quotes I really like:

"I was never one of those women who tell you that their spouse is their best friend, that they're always on the same page. I feel like you're ahead of the game if you're even in the same book."

"Control is an illusion; best intentions are the best we can do. I remember imagining that I could chart a course that would take me from one place to another. I thought I had a handle on my future. But the future, it turns out, is not a tote bag."

1 comment:

Cherri said...

I liked those quotes too. Is the rest of the book anygood? I have books on tape playing as I drive to work, and sometimes I just sit in my car at the end of the drive to hear the last of a section! Fun.