Thursday, November 4, 2010

So now I'm worried

I've mentioned that my latest Sunday tradition is to make roll dough - and use part for Sunday dinner and make the rest into cinnamon rolls. Often, I even make a double batch - so I have rolls everywhere. Steve's Mom still comes to Sunday dinner most weeks - and food is extremely important to her.  I figure the least I can do for her is cook the kind of Sunday dinner she always fixed.

Well, on Sunday, I made cinnamon rolls - but had far more than my poor freezer will hold (with all the jam and tomatoes we canned and the good buys on chicken).  Anyway, I sent Steve off delivering to some neighbors.  He likes to visit, so I figure it does both parties good.  A neighbor had had surgery this week, so I sent Steve to their home.  A friend was out of town, but her son and husband were here, so I sent Steve that way.  They weren't home, so their cinnamon rolls came back.  Another plate went to a widow he home teaches.  Still another plate went to a good friend who recently lost his wife.


Anyway, today I get this thank you note from the couple whose wife had surgery, "Dear Vicki, Thank you so much for the wonderful cinnamon rolls.  Earlier in the day the thought came to me that you might bring some by."

That really worries me.  If people are getting impressions that I might bring cinnamon rolls, I'm going to have to be a whole lot more insightful in whom I send them to.   Now, it is pretty much random. Seriously, this worries me.

3 comments:

The Sullengers said...

How crazy of them to say that! But now that you mention it, I've been thinking you were going to send some my way too! I mean you don't have to, just have had that thought :)

Cherri said...

Me too! You better stay in tune, or you will damage someone's struggling, tender testimony

trish said...

I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You are one of the most divinely inspired people I know. People are lucky to have you as a neighbor.