Sunday, February 10, 2013

Even inspiration sometimes needs help...

For years now, I've been trying out for nursery.

When I was in the primary presidency, we would have so much trouble getting people to accept the nursery calling. I would often visit the nursery so they could see how great I would be there.

When I knew I was going to be released from YW in the near future, I spent every Sunday School time in the nursery so they could see my talents. It didn't work.

When I was in the home ward RS presidency (but attending Steve's YSA ward), I would leave his three hour block but be too lazy to sit through another Sunday School lesson. I looked for a place to hang out. I tried going to singing time, but after a few weeks the primary president finally asked me if she was being released and I was her replacement. I decided nursery was a safer place. I hung out in the nursery for the hour before RS for a year. I thought it was great fun.

For the past six months, I've been teaching CTR-4, and have loved it. My partner was released today (to become a compassionate service leader). We got a new Primary presidency as well, displacing teachers and nursery workers. They said they were moving people around and wondered how I would like scouts or Valiant-9. I told them I would do anything they wanted. I paused, "I could even do nursery."

The fourth time is the charm! They took me up on it. Sitting on the floor, eating teddy grahams, playing with kids. It doesn't get any better than that!

3 comments:

Lori A said...

Sounds like fun! Especially because your nursery isn't huge!

Cherri said...

I agree. The best job in the church!

The Sullengers said...

I try out for callings all the time :) Next on my list is Relief Society Teacher or a secretary of some sort :)