I have been struggling with technology this semester.
I record my PhD class lecture for a student who is on an internship, but with my new computer, when I try to transform the format, I can't get any sound. All the tech people are so busy with the start of the semester, I'm finding no one that can tell me why. My work around is to use my old computer to change video formats (to a more condensed one), but I'm not thrilled with having to use my old machine.
Well, today I decided I wanted to create Jing videos (which are voice over video captures of your screen) for my sophomore level course. These are the kind of "how to" videos you see on You Tube all the time.
I read about how to do it, bought a headphone/microphone from Best Buy, and started recording. The first video I created... (wait for it)- had no sound. I remade it, fiddled with it, and finally got it to work. Then, in creating the second video, I transferred it to my webpage and COULDN'T HEAR IT. I was getting so frustrated, because every video takes fifteen minutes to create (even longer if you flub up). Then I realized that the reason I couldn't hear it was because I had taken the head phones off.
Laugh out loud funny.
2 comments:
hahaha... loved this story. It is something I would totally do!
At least you figured out the problem! I had to laugh! I've done something like that before.
Post a Comment