Monday, August 15, 2011

Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies

Do check out Lori Hurst's blog for pictures of the family reunion. They are fun!
http://lorihurstsblog.blogspot.com/

You've heard the quote: Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies.

I'm banking on it! Steve was just called to a Young Single Adult Ward bishopric. Tony Smith (from River Heights) is the bishop. I used to serve with his wife, Kelly, in stake primary - but I haven't seen either of them in a while. Scott Harris (also from River Heights) is a counselor.

I worry that Steve's memory problems will be an issue, but Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies. I'm counting on it.

Our first YSA ward activity is this week - to the Palisades. They are leaving Thursday and retuning Saturday. (We have a departmental retreat on Thursday, so we'll be heading out after the rest of them.) Near as I can tell, you bring your own sleeping bag and tent. The main activity is doing whatever you want and skiing. It could be interesting, as our water stuff and sleeping mats are at the condo. I'm trying to talk Steve into stopping by the condo on the way to the Palisades. It looks like a good route to me. I haven't been in a tent in ten years. I hope the rodents haven't devoured it. Much as I'm not a camper, I do think it is a fantastic way to get to know the youth. This should be fun.

Steve and I came to Chelle's last night to help with the kids - and do weeding. We spent the morning in the yard. The weather was cooperative - a rainstorm last night and a nice breeze this morning. The weeding is pretty much all done but the side yard - and even that isn't bad. Trisha and Brandon, Ben and Chelle spent HOURS weeding on Saturday. With a little luck, we'll finish it this morning and be ready for tilling.

2 comments:

Cherri said...

The Palisades, like the ones east of Idaho Falls? Do you want me to meet you with air mattress and sleeping bags? We haven't set up our big tent in years either - but for you I would try to remember how it goes together. Pretty sure the mice haven't gotten it, but might have worn poorly where it is folded in its bag.

The Sullengers said...

I think that would be a fun/challenging job. Good luck!