I have loved my Chase reward card. I get $50 every month or so just for buying groceries (and everything else I can think of) with my credit card. Online billing facilities make it easy to check purchases. I pay off my balance three or four times a month, so credit card spending doesn't get out of control.
When we were in the Netherlands and didn't realize the country doesn't accept credit cards, Chase came to my aid and gave me a pin (over the phone, mind you) so I could get blessed cash from the machine. The cash advance cost me next to nothing, as I repaid the loan from checking the next day.
Before leaving for Rome, Chase got me an updated pin for my card in the nick of time.
They have been awesome. That is until Monday when I get a letter from them indicating I am owed money for an uncashed reward check that they have had for THREE AND A HALF YEARS! They would have sent it to me about the time Mom passed away, and Kimberly was separated. I guess it's no surprise I missed the check. Since that time, I've spend a ton on money using the credit card and redeemed a score of reward checks. So why didn't they just send me the uncashed reward check? Knowing my address is valid and active, why did they insist I get the form notarized in order to give me the money they owe me?
Slimeballs. And I was such a devoted fan.
1 comment:
Slimeballs? Isn't that a bit harsh? Maybe nit-picky, or lazy, or whatever, but slimeballs?
Post a Comment