Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gnat attack

We came up to the condo last night - as we needed to grab life jackets for the big Hurst Family reunion. We decided to put our hamburger patties in the fridge and go to Cafe Sabor for dinner. During the off season, they are only open a few days a week, but now they are open seven days a week. It was quite busy! I'm glad to see their success as Bear Lake has few decent restaurants. However, if you wanted to sit inside, there was a twenty minute wait. We're used to pretty much having our choice of seating, so having to wait to even get in the door was a major surprise.

Unfortunately, we opted to sit outside. Others were doing it. It wasn't all that hot in the shade. As soon as they brought us chips, the gnats started in. I'd have ten on me at a time. They were "dancing in the air". They must have liked the live Mexican music. They crawled over me. They bit too, but I don't see any residual affects today. Steve, on the other hand, was unaffected. Of course, with all on them in my face, I guess there just weren't enough to go around.

I won't make that mistake again. Eating outside at Bear Lake - a definite NO WAY!

We went on a PERFECT bike ride this morning. Just a bit of a nip in the air when your moving. It was great. I forget how much I like to bike ride.

I'm trying to talk Steve into a wee raft ride. I sure miss walking on the beach. Maybe next year.



2 comments:

Cherri said...

Sounds like fun!

The Sullengers said...

I love cafe sabor but sorry about being attacked!