Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The day has arrived!



After more than six weeks in the hospital, Chelle delivered the twins today. Her surgery kept getting bumped until after two when they were born. Eve came first at 3 pounds 13 ounces and 16.5 inches (Apgar scores of 8, 9). Savannah came second at 4 pounds 3 ounces and 15.75 inches (Apgar scores of 7, 9). They are breathing on their own, with a C-Pap machine (via canula) to help out. They are darling! It was hard to get a good pictures with the tubes, cap, and IV. I'll let Ben post the proud Daddy pictures from the U of U NICU unit.

Chelle seems to be doing well. She is in some pain, but is in good spirits.

2 comments:

Kacie said...

Yay congrats! I'm so excited for her!

Cherri said...

Hurrah! We are so proud of Chelle for her patience and willingness to let her life be consumed by the needs of her babies - hopefully she can get feeling good soon and those sweet babies can come home. Blonde I'm guessing?