Friday, April 8, 2011

A perfect day...

We just watched "The Ultimate Gift". I'm sure we'd seen it before, as after every scene you'd think, "Yeah. I knew that was going to happen."

It did have one line I really like. Emily, who's dying of leukemia, says, "My dream was a perfect day and I'm just finishing it. My dream is to be with people I love, that love each other and that love me."

I love that thought. What a simple wish for a perfect day.

I remember some time ago talking to a friend about a host of things that were less than perfect. As she offered advice, I said something like, "Yeah, that's what my sister would say." She stopped and said, "You have a sister who offers sympathy and insight! Wow. What a blessing. I wish I had a sister like that."

I've thought about that a lot. We all have lots of wonderful things in our lives that we don't often appreciate as much as we should. Thanks to all of you for being part of my perfect days.

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Hey Vic, speaking of good advice, I am looking for one of your posts where you talk about becoming real and having people talk to you about their sorrows now. Can you find it an email me a copy of it? Ash wants me to guest blog on her blog, and I loved that idea, and found it to be true in my own life- just had a friend whose daughter went too far with a young man she was hoping to become engaged to, and had him drop her and not deal well with the repentance process. She came to me for advice, because, "she had a prompting to talk to me because she knew I would understand".