Monday, January 17, 2011

Remembering Great Grandma Hurst

While the grandkids do not remember Great Grandma Hurst, I like to think of the joy she must get looking down and seeing them play trains on her oak table. In her home, the table held a place of honor in her living room - a remembrance of the styles and values of her childhood. Seeing them play with trains and enjoy books reminds me of my mother and the things she loved most - relationships, children, and education.























3 comments:

Cherri said...

She would be delighted by the grandkids. She seemed to love having grandkids around, and was always the best grandma to them. I'm trying . . . but hopefully I come to measure up.

The Sullengers said...

Oh don't listen to my mom - she definitely measures up in the Grandma field - she is GREAT! But it is fun remembering Grandma. I'm excited for when we move closer and I can take all the stuff out I inherited from her and display it so my kids can see how great she was!

Lori Hurst said...

Wonderful! This needs to be on the 'Hurst' website!