Sunday, January 3, 2010

The things people say...

My niece, Lisa, writes the cutest things her kids say. Well, I have no little kids to say cute things, but I did think Grandma was a card at dinner today. She looked at Greg and said, "You sure do look good with hair!" I thought it was pretty funny.

During fast meeting, Gene M. bore his testimony about the nature of God and personal exaltation. A friend of his said that they thought the next life would consist of sitting at the feet of God and gazing upon him. Gene said, "I'd rather go to hell and shovel coal. I need to be busy." I thought it was pretty funny, but I'm with him. Having nothing to do is FAR worse for me that having way too much to do. I'm not very good with leisure.

Norm C passed away a month ago. He was a MASTER at flower arranging. He had his own business in California. He's done floral arrangements for department stores and temples. His yard is always amazing. His vision was really bad towards the end. Kelly said to him, "That must be really hard not to see clearly when you have spent your whole life appreciating things of beauty. It must be tough not to see." Norm's response was, "Oh, no, without my vision, I see the best I've ever seen. I see the things God wants me to see, the things that are most important." This is the same man that (near the end) he was in the hospital. His daughter came into his room to hear him singing to himself. The song? I Am a Child of God. What a sweetheart.

2 comments:

Kacie said...

what a sweet response. Hope to meet him someday on the other side...

The Sullengers said...

I love cute sayings...how sweet to be singing that song in the Hospital. I hope I'm cute and memorable and funny when I'm old!