While the neighborhood no longer exchanges gifts at Christmas (preferring to spend the money on humanitarian projects like sub for Santa), Kim, Michelle, and Trisha all dipped for their neighbors. Since Lori is allergic to chocolate, dipping holds little appeal for her. I think we dipped close to 30 pounds of chocolate (or 60 pounds of finished candy). We dipped peanut clusters, mints, caramel, Bavarian mints, English Toffee. We also made French Almond Nougat, but didn't dip it. Diet here I come!
This year I tried something new with the mints - after having half the batches go sugary. I tried dissolving the sugar (as best I could) by stirring it over low heat for a long while before bringing it to a boil. The one batch I did that way turned out perfect. Maybe I'll finally master it. I miss not being able to call Mom and say, "What am I doing wrong?" We used to have that conversation quite often. Usually the answer was, "I don't know. I don't have that problem."
1 comment:
I wish I was their neighbor. Yum!
Post a Comment