Friday, January 1, 2010

A Late Christmas


We opened present after we got home. Chelle and Ben hadn't opened their presents from us. Kimberly, Greg, Steve, and I had presents to open as well.

The kids gave us a gorgeous picture of the five kids (from Michelle's wedding) for over the piano. They also gave us an Ipod Nano, movies, The Five Love Languages, and a GPS system. Thanks! What great gifts.

Zach had nothing left to open, but as you can see, that didn't keep him from having fun. He loved the picture taking. After every one, he would yell, "Can I see it?"

Favorite memories:
  • Zach eating cold cereal (while the girls went to New Moon) and exclaiming, "I'm having a great dinner!"
  • Halle grunting for food. You could not eat without offering her something. She LOVED potatoes and green beans, but rolls and cereal were also favorites. The bottle holds little appeal for her now.
  • Watching Halle "army crawl" all over the place.
  • Halle's first step - witnessed by Kimberly and Brandon. It won't be long before she it walking. She is "determination plus". Zach and I were trying to "play" Blokus, but Halle could get to those pieces despite obstacles (and Grandma) in her way.
  • Brandon starting a new job with Jacobs! Way to go!
  • Playing "stack" and losing abominably every time.
  • When I asked Zach what he wanted to do today, he responded by saying, "I want to sleep with Aunt Kim." The previous evening he had gone up to her room while the rest of us played games, and they had a great time playing on the bed.
  • Having everybody help clean up after dinner. :-)
  • Eating New Year's Eve dinner at 3pm, so Trisha could get home before dark. That was a great plan! All the work was done early, so we could spend the evening playing "Hand and Foot" and watching the new Star Trek movie (I even stayed awake).
  • Having Greg's power supply "strangely" stop working after Halle sucked on it.
  • Kim giving everybody massages and examining various muscle structures on babies and adults - as homework for her massage therapy class.
  • Greg heading off to work (at ICON) even though he would rather have stayed home with the fam. What dedication! It has been so great to have Greg back home with us. He gets things done! He fixed the garage door, arranged for higher speed internet, and saved us $30 a month on our Dish network plan. Way to go! He is a problem solver. He figures out what needs to be done, and does it! Greg came home for a visit in November, but landed a job, and hasn't left. He's taken the law exam - and plans to start in the fall. With so few months before he will be gone, a job is a cherished item.




4 comments:

Lori A said...

I wish we could have been there! Looks like fun!

trish said...

We did have a fun After Christmas party, didn't we!?! I was going to post on my blog, but since you covered it so well, I might just add your favorite memories to my kids' journals and call it good. Thanks for being wonderful hosts!

The Sullengers said...

How fun - sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas - I LOVE Trisha's hair during chocolate dipping - blackmail anyone?

Cherri said...

I would love to see a closeup of the kids picture they gave you - what a nice present. Sounds like the party was great - our day was really quiet, in fact, I'm with your friend from the ward - we were bored out of our gourd by 8 pm on New Year's DAy - we didn't want to shop, ate in, and had Christmas cleaned up. We need to stay busy to be happy too.