They say tooth implants are successful 95 percent of the time. I'm so "special" that I fall into the 5% that doesn't work out. Infection takes over and contaminates the threads of the implant - making it impossible to get rid of.
I've had an implant for about five years (you can see I'm not good with dates). The last year or so I've noticed it was a bit sunken. Today was the day they went in to try to save it - cleaning it out and doing a bone graft. I would tell you the details, but Steve just turns green and walks away when I merely set the stage.
They tell you to stop them if it gets too painful. About half way through you realize they were just kidding. It is just going to hurt no matter how much anesthetic they give you.
I did get a great nap out of it once I got home. If its like the last oral surgery I had (a tissue graft to build up the gums), it is going to be a painful few weeks.
I always marvel that when things are going well, you don't even notice, but when something goes awry you can't believe how much pain it can cause. I guess you have to have bad health to appreciate how good you had it before.
1 comment:
I am so sorry you had to get your tooth fixed! No fun!
I agree with you... being special medically is not fun. Drew is special like that.
Post a Comment