I kept walking and looking at my cellphone for an explanation. The noise continued. Diddle diddle diddle. When I got to class, I handed my phone to one of my students and said, "Can you make this stop? I've turned it off and it is still making noises." After a minute, he said, "It isn't your phone. I'm putting my ear right next to it and it is coming from somewhere else." I had a brief thought that maybe Martians had attached themselves to me, when I looked down and saw I was still wearing the microphone I use to record my lecture. Evidently, the mic is programmed to complain when someone attempts to steal it. Pretty funny!
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
New Phone?
As I was leaving one class in the business building, and dashing to another in Old Main, I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket to give Grandma Great a call. The phone made an odd sound I've never heard before. I actually wasn't sure it was even my phone, but I looked around and couldn't see anything else that could make that noise. As I walked, I kept hearing the same noise - diddle diddle diddle. I kept looking at my phone, thinking maybe it was time to trade up to an iPhone. I called Steve to see if it kept making the noise while I talked. It did, but he couldn't hear it. Since I was going to class, I decided I should just turn off my phone so it wouldn't be disruptive. The noise didn't go away. I was really confused.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Catching up on my blog post reading. I love this story!
Post a Comment