Friday, March 15, 2013

My partner in teddy-grahams

On Sunday, they sustained Steve as a nursery worker. It was amazing to see how the kids related to him. He had Hadley just giggling. Finn crawled on his lap and just snuggled in. It is a great calling for Steve as there is no stress, and he is needed.

I keep having people say things to me like, "Whoa. How can you do nursery? I would hate it. I can't sit on the floor. I'm so not good with kids." Or, "I've done that before. I was called for six months, but was ready to be released. It just exhausts me."

Poor strategy. If they don't want the calling, shouldn't they be convincing me how wonderful it is, so I won't want to be released?

I think it is fun. Kids are so amazing. It is easy to make them happy, and you always know where you stand. You can melt tears with a song or a funny face. There is never a dull moment, and you get to visit with other nursery workers. And when they have messy diapers, you get to take them to the DADS. I love it. It's the perfect calling.

1 comment:

Cherri said...

My favorite calling. I know I will be closer to the Savior there than any other place I can serve. That is my aspiration too, when my time on campus is done.