For the last week, my back has been killing me. I have no idea what I did to it. I move like an old lady. Walking up stairs is a killer. Even rolling over in bed is a MAJOR accomplishment. After a week, the secretaries convinced me to see a doctor. Dr Stones said it was likely just a strain. If something was seriously wrong, it would still be wrong in a week, and we could detect it then. In the interim, he gave me muscle relaxor, over the counter pain medication (Aleve), and (if desperate) a prescription for Lortab. He also gave me back exercises.
The diagram below shows two of the three exercises I am to do. The first actually feels good, but if I could do the second one, I wouldn't have gone to see him in the first place. Absolutely impossible.

1 comment:
OOOH, I am so sad for you. Hopefully you just twisted wrong or slept in a funny position. Steve struggles with his back too, and he has had to resort to steroid shots. It is almost like he gets into a cycle of pain, and can't get out of it without an intervention.
Keep me informed of your progress. Did Kim choose a day?
Post a Comment