Sunday, March 11, 2012

Faith

In our YSA ward, there are six children of one family. The family has 13 children, 6 of which are between 19 and 26. They are very bright and extremely musically talented. The youngest Fronk in our ward just got his mission call to Taiwan. He is a tall, good looking, amazing fellow. He has a singing voice that makes the congregation stop breathing. His testimony so touched me.

I wish I could have recorded his testimony, but I'll relay what I remember:

In his words:
As I got this mission call, it occurs to me that I have been preparing for this moment for my whole life. Everything I have done has led up to this moment. Satan has been preparing for this moment too. He so does not want me to go on a mission. Never have I had so much going for me, and never have I felt so much that I have nothing going for me. The thoughts of me learning Mandarin Chinese petrify me. My doubts are huge, but I do not doubt my Heavenly Father. I can count on one hand the times I have slept away from home, without at least one member of my family close. I am my Mother's child. I still hold my Father's hand. I am a home boy. I have faith in my Heavenly Father. I can do this. I will do this.

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Amen. I will have him in my prayers!