Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Bushels of Cherry Tomatoes
I love tomatoes. Nothing reminds me of growing up like eating tomatoes from the garden. This year with the wet Spring, the various tomato plants I bought kept dying - so I just bought more, not really noticing which varieties of the tomato plants died and which lived.. Through some natural selection or luck of the draw, I ended up with more than a half dozen cherry tomato plants. Cherry tomatoes are so loved when they produce the first edible tomatoes of the season, but once the regular tomatoes come on, cherry tomatoes are hardly worth the effort - yet I can't let them go to waste. Unlike their lazy cousins (who are just now starting to produce full sized tomatoes), they cherry tomato plants have produced bushels of tomatoes. I've given them away, dried them in the oven (sun dried), frozen them, cooked with them, popped them like candy.I'm running out of room in my freezer, but the production still is going strong. I think I've got enough cherry tomatoes for the decade. Still, they are delight - so beautiful and tasty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment