Sunday, March 28, 2010

Three Generation Shopping Trip



We went on a three generation shopping trip. Halle will be one in a couple of weeks. She wasn't too impressed with trying clothes on, but once we let her walk around with one foot in a size three and the other foot in a size four, she was thrilled. Her favorite part was the little girl she kept finding in all the mirrors in the shoe department. She came home with some spring outfits, a pair of white sneakers (with sparkles), and a pair of jellies! Who even knew they still make jellies? I remember so well the first pair of jellies I bought for Kim and how thrilled she was with them.

The family was here for the weekend. The spouses stayed further South to be close to the NCAA playoffs, but all the kids and grandkids were here. It was fun to see them. We tried to have an Easter egg hunt outside, but wondered if they would distinguish between the candy and the cute little "chocolate balls" the deer left.

Last night I gave Brooke and Drew a bath. They were arguing over toys in the bathtub so I was looking for items I could give them. I found a pink plastic spiral brush/comb and told Drew it was a magic wand. He LOVED it, but it had the downside that he spent the rest of the bath dipping the brush in the water and flipping it on me (while chanting some magic spell). I had a hard time telling him that I didn't want the carpet or walls soaked, as it will all be gone within a month (as we are having our upstairs bathrooms redone). What fun!


When Drew saw the wall in our kitchen, he said, "They don't have any J's!"

3 comments:

Lori Hurst said...

LOVE the magic wand! So glad you had fun with your grandkids!

Cherri said...

I believe in the magic of kids, so good thing you let Drew experiment. Sounds like all he turned you into though is WET!

Lori A said...

We had a great time with you guys! It was fun.

I love the jellies! I may have to find a pair for Brooke.