(Vicki - adapted from the poem by CJ Heck)
I came to Boise
It’s the state of spuds.
No shirt and tie for me, boys.
I traded for new duds.
Priscilla is my favorite friend
She took me for a ride
We visited the park
Kim ran along beside
We had a frightening accident
And now I’m a bit flatter
Prissie rolled and lay down on me
At least, I didn’t splatter
There's lots to do in Boise
Though Kim often had to work
We made the book at HP
We’ll admit it’s quite a perk.
Where she lives is the Treasure Valley
Here they mined valuable gems
Prospectors kept them buried
That’s where the legend stems
The potatoes are as big as me.
I find them a bit scary
I visited workers in the field
But potatoes are too big to carry.
My favorites were potato flakes
I bet you can’t guess why?
Instead of being round and fat
They are as thin as I.
Kim showed me a new game
It’s called Mr Potato Head
They love it here in
At least that’s what she said
I am really quite angry
And I am really mad.
I can’t find the happy face,
It’s gone and now I’m sad.
I was playing that
Called Mr. ‘Tater Head,
And Prissie barked at me.
As she was being fed.
I was sticking in two eyes,
Then I found a ‘just right’ nose,
But when I stuck his mouth in
It wasn’t where it goes,
So I pulled the mouth back out
And I stuck it back in … there,
But when I tried to give him ears,
His mouth fell on my chair!
I pushed his mouth in one more time,
Then I poked in both his shoes.
(I couldn’t find the purple hat,
That’s what I always lose).
Then the whole thing fell apart!
Everything came all unhooked!
That’s when the dog barked at me …
“Arfff, ya don’t use a ‘tato that’s cooked!”
2 comments:
haha... it looks like you guys are enjoying yourselves! I have never heard a poem about potatoes before.
Wow now that looks like it would have taken a bit to get all those lovely pics. That is a cute idea. I am glad you two are having fun in Boise!
Post a Comment