I was cleaning in the bathroom(More later), when I discovered an old bottle of mouthwash. I decided it was time to replace my solution. The mouthwash was blue, and though several posts had warned against using blue mouthwash, I used it anyway. Sure enough. Smurf feet. Right down to the toenails. Luckily, it is winter so no one saw my feet. So funny!
About cleaning... I've been inspired by a cleaning post on facebook. A woman has a schedule for cleaning her whole house (including base moldings) every month. She does some deep cleaning every day, rather than save it for the weekend or a week in April. Since the kids have moved out, our house rarely gets deep cleaned. I figured I could afford to work on acquiring some new habits. Here are the favorite hints I have tried:
Tie a baggie containing white vinegar over your shower head. Let it sit overnight. Voila, hard water deposits are gone.
Use antibacterial wipes to do a 3-minute wipedown of bathroom and kitchen counters everyday.
Use a small amount of white vinegar on a microfiber cloth to clean blinds.
Buy microfiber cloths from the automotive department (Walmart has them $5 for 8). Spray the microfiber cloths with a small amount of water, attach them to your Swifter, and use them to clean wood floors.
Wipe down doors (inside and out), cabinets, switch plates, and walls once a month.
Vacuum out heating vents and air return grills.
Of course, her month's schedule will likely take me six months to complete, but it's better than my original schedule, which in some cases was never.
Here is the link to the cleaning schedule. Here
1 comment:
I would love pictures of your blue feet! How long did it last for? So funny!
Post a Comment