Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Magical Place

We made a quick trip to the condo last night to grab the boat. We have it winterized and de-winterized in Hyrum so we needed to grab it, in hopes that Greg can return it to the condo before he leaves for vacation. I can't believe I'm so clueless around boats. I can't even back it, so getting it back into the garage is a major obstacle.

I hadn't realized how much effort it takes to pick up the boat - charging the battery overnight, checking the water level in the battery, reconnecting it, getting the ski bar raised, connecting the boat, putting on the covers. BUT, we did it! I was so impressed.

While we couldn't stay long, we had a great time - eating Papa Murphy's, playing Up-words, going on a walk down the park walkway to the beach, reading books. Our neighbors (from Providence) were there for the weekend. I had Boyd double check our connection of the boat to the car.

There is something absolutely magical about Bear Lake to me. It is one of the most gorgeous places on earth. We just got back from a week in Arizona. People raved about the natural beauty of the resort set in Tucson Arizona. While the cacti were pretty impressive, I kept thinking, "Why would you build a resort here? You so haven't seen Utah."

2 comments:

Cherri said...

It is beautiful there! We were there on Mother's Day weekend for Rex's blessing and I thought how wonderful it must be to see the lake each day. But then I thought of how beautiful a view I have from my back window, and how seldom I make time to really see it. Familiarity! Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Hope your anniversary was sweet.

Chelle said...

I sure do miss being so close to Bear Lake. Hopefully we will be able to make it up a couple of times this year!