Michelle, Trisha, and Greg are planning to dip this weekend.
Grandma would be so proud. It was always so important for her to pass down the skills. Since chocolate dipping always hit at the cross section of the term winding down and holiday events picking up, it was hard to find the time to make it happen. I would start to get phone calls. "Smiths is having a sale on peanuts." "There is a coupon in the paper for the good kind of sweetened condensed milk." "Do you want me to order your chocolate with mine?" I was slow, but I got the hint. How proud she must be that so many of her offspring keep the tradition alive.
As we got home from Boise, Greg cooked a gourmet dinner for us: grilled pork chops with blackberry sauce, baked asparagus, baked sweet potatoes fries. Yum! He must have inherited some of Grandma's love of recipes and cooking.
Smile away, Mom.
2 comments:
Sadly I'm the only grandkid in my family to dip....I've tried to convince the rest but they haven't done it yet :) We love it and it's a good way for us to remember Grandma and talk about all the funny things she did while we lived with her! Miss her all the time!
Lisa and Steph (at least Brandon is) are showing an interest this year too! I love the memories and the not too subtle hints also, she is so missed. I came across her santa apron when looking for Thanksgiving stuff - she just loved the holidays.
Post a Comment