I had Halle come outside to pick tomatoes with me. She got her shoes on, but when she realized I didn't have mine on, she pulled them off. Here is our conversation:
It tickles [plants on her feet].
I did it.
Get these off [the stems]
[I went in to get a pen and paper, so I could record her comments. She grabbed a scoop she had found in the utensil drawer.]
I got this thing [the scoop].
It's working. [Digs in the dirt.]
Me: I thought we were picking tomatoes.
No, I'm not. I'm dumping this on you [dirt from the scoop].
A bee is there.
[She grabs my paper and pen. She starts writing on the paper, making small little lines and telling me what she is writing. It is below.]
Zach, Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy, Daddy, Ben, Chelle.
I made a big thing. Come see it.
[She comes to me and messes up my hair.]
You have crazy hair.
What you doing?
I want it.
What's this mater doing. [She throws it. She pretends to eat it.]
A butterfly. A butterfly.
Where is?
Two butterflies.
Wow. You see one? A white one.
[She rubs my hair again. ] It's crazy, Grandma.
[She giggles as she walks on the dirt.]
I'm going back in [house]. [She returns with her blanket.]
Me: Your blanket will get dirty.
Not dirty. Put in grass. Nothing dirty here.
I don't want to eat tomatoes. They are yucky for me.
Butterfly. Saw again.
Butterfly is again.
Where is.
I see it. Right there.
Be around here.
He went like there.
There Bee.
I saw it again.
Tomatoes. I squish it.
[Car passes with 4 wheelers.] Where's that going?
Me: Maybe the cat will come visit.
We have a cat. [Goes into house to find her stuffed animal. Returns.]
She's soft. [Slurping sounds as cat licks me.]


No comments:
Post a Comment